9.24.2010

Dedicated to Mondo Guerra!



Being a Colorado native, I was excited to see a designer from Denver, CO competing on Project Runway's latest season. At first I said to myself, "okay, this designer is from my hometown- no matter how bad they are I will support them no matter what!" Then, I was introduced to Mondo Guerra- The Funky one of the bunch! It was before I saw his first design that I knew I was going to like him. He himself is a work of art. From his ever-changing glasses, to his shorts and knee high socks, and sculpture like hair do's, he made fashion FUN. Then came his designs- bold colorful patterns that easily reflected their creator. I agree with his visions and I believe in his ability to present those visions flawlessly (so far he has). But behind this designer is a genuine person and that's what I love about him the most. As you watch PR, never do you see Mondo's ego take the best of him. Even when on the chopping block, all Mondo could say, with a smile, was "Oh well." It was great to see Mondo appreciate and respect his fellow contestant, Michael C. when nobody else could even congratulate the guy when he won a challenge. And most recently, it was an exciting and emotional moment when Mondo won the L'Oreal challenge that included the $20,000 cash prize (I would've shed a tear if my boyfriend wasn't in the room haha). All in all, I wish Mondo Guerra the best of luck and thank him for showing the world DENVER HAS TALENT AND DENVER HAS STYLE!

1 comment:

  1. great blog! i love project runway and i want Mondo to win too!! his design are amazing. Im going to follow you. I hope you can follow me back :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete